Supporting Documents


Below is the list of documents you will need to provide for your application to be assessed.  Some may not apply to you (for example if you do not have children or medical needs)

Identification of all household members
  • Applicant and joint applicant: proof of identity - photocopied or scanned passport(s) or driver's license(s)
  • For all people on your application from abroad and subject to immigration control, proof of right to reside in the UK (Home Office documents, visas etc) and recourse to public funds
  • Children: full birth certificates, proof of child benefit detailing child (rens) names, residence or court order
  • Non-dependent(s)/Other adult(s): photocopied or scanned passport(s) or driver's license(s), birth certificate
Income of all household adults
  • The last three months of bank statements detailing name and address for all accounts held
  • Benefit entitlement letter(s)- Universal Credit, Income support, JSA, DLA, PIP and benefits including Child Benefit
  • The last three monthly or six weekly wage/salary slips
  • All adults in the household: The last three months of bank statements showing wages/salary (for all accounts) and any benefits including Child benefit and Universal Credit if applicable.
Other Supporting documents
  • Current Tenancy or Licence Agreement
  • Notice to Quit/Eviction notice, including deposit protection certificate, EPC, Gas Safety Certificate, How to Rent Booklet
  • Photograph(s) of adult(s) on application, either passport sized or digital photo
  • Proof of National Insurance Number
  • Proof of pregnancy with Estimated Date of Delivery (EDD)
  • If you have a medical condition that is affected by your current housing, please provide supporting documentation, you will also need to complete a medical form

You can upload documents to your housing register account on or email to